The mission of SICA-USA (an affiliate of Subud International Cultural Association) is to advance and celebrate activities that grow out of the development of the human soul. It is a service organization that provides programs and support services to Subud members doing creative and cultural work that reflect their inner gifts and talents – and that serves the public benefit.
SICA-USA Vision Statement
SICA-USA fosters true human culture for and from all of mankind in all manner of human endeavor, focusing on local culture in a global community.
SICA-USA contributes to the local, regional and global communities by:
* Helping to fund directly, or in an advisory capacity, individual cultural projects.
* Helping to fund directly, or in an advisory capacity, long-term cultural projects.
* Fostering developing talent with an apprenticeship/mentorship program.
* Developing cultural projects that benefit local, regional, global communities.
* Advising and lending expertise to small and large cultural projects, from the idea stage, to planning, to implementation, through the life of the project as a SICA-USA undertaking.
* Networking "culture-creators" as a way of reinforcing, encouraging, and assisting one another, and creating global understanding in the local community and local understanding in the global community.
* Providing and sharing information about obtaining grants.
* Nurturing and promoting the expression of artistry and creativity, of all kinds, that has the power to inspire and heal.